TEAM FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION, DC
Ready to apply? Follow these steps:
Step 1 – Review the eligibility requirements
Step 2 – Talk to your School Leader about applying as a team
Step 3 – Download and respond to the essay questions
Step 4 – Submit your application, essay responses, and resume
Step 1 – Check the Eligibility Requirements
- All successful teacher leader candidates must have the following:
- Formal or informal responsibility for impacting the student results of at least two other faculty members at the school
- Outstanding results as a teacher as measured by classroom observations and student achievement
- A minimum of two years of full-time classroom teaching experience
- Commitment to their current school during their one-year program tenure
- Position in a public, open enrollment school where 70% of students receive free or reduced-priced meals or where teacher leaders can have a dramatic impact in efforts to raise achievement
Step 2 – Talk to your School Leader and decide if you are applying as a team or as an individual
Your School Leader is an integral part of your Fellowship team. Share how you believe the Teams Fellowship will be effective in your school. The Teams Fellowship will align teacher leader activities to your school leader’s vision, support your team to structure meaningful distributed leadership, and ensure that all teacher leader work ties directly to student success. Don’t forget to note any colleagues who are also interested or who might be good candidates.
If you or your School Leader would like to talk more about the Teams Fellowship and how it could work in your school, please reach out to your regional contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3 – Download the essay questions
Before beginning the application, download and review the essay questions. You must complete your application in one sitting, so it will be helpful to have your essays prepared in advance. You will upload your responses as an attachment during your application. Be sure to have a PDF or Word document of your resume on hand to upload as well.
Step 4 – When you are ready, click the link below to fill out an application and submit your essays.
The Cohort 2016 Fellowship Application Season has ended. Check back this fall to join Cohort 2017!
After you apply and we receive your school leader and teammates’ applications, we will coordinate the next steps in the selection process, including: student achievement information, classroom observations, team and individual interviews.