Know an excellent teacher with two or more years of experience or a school that could make great changes via teacher leadership? Nominate them for the Leading Educators Fellowships using the form below.
Keep in mind as you consider your nominees that we offer two ways to enroll in the Fellowship, described below. Feel free to nominate more than one teacher or school!
- The Teacher Leader Teams Fellowship is a team-based approach to teacher leadership that allows a team of teacher leaders and their school leader to apply to the Fellowship to impact school-wide change. If you know a school or teacher leader who has the potential to leverage the program to improve student learning, please nominate them below.
- We are also eager to accept nominations for the individual teacher leader approach we have offered in the past that provides the opportunity to impact school-wide change through a teacher leader’s own efforts. If you know an influential teacher leader who could expand their impact beyond the classroom, please nominate them below.
DCPS teachers must be at the Established stage of LIFT or higher at the time that they apply.
Successful teacher leaders should have the following:
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience
- Formal or informal responsibility for impacting the results of at least two other faculty members at the school
- Outstanding results as a teacher as measured by classroom observations or student achievement
Click here to read more on The Fellowship page.
Leading Educators is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its applicants, fellows, and staff members, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.