GREATER NEW ORLEANS FELLOWSHIP
Fellowship Program Paths
There are two paths into the Fellowship, depending on your school context: The Teacher Leader Teams Path and the Individual Teacher Leader Path. Regardless of the path, all Fellows receive the same leadership coaching, foundational training in excellent teacher leadership, and certification in Leading Teams or Coaching Others regardless of the path you choose. Learn more about both paths and then talk to your principal to determine which path is right for you.
Teacher Leader Teams path is a team-based approach to teacher leadership that allows a team of teacher leaders and their school leader to apply to the Fellowship together to impact school-wide change. In the Fellowship, the school leader joins teacher leaders to identify school priorities and support teacher leaders’ work toward achieving them. All candidates and the school leader apply and complete the 2-year Fellowship together. Learn more.
The Individuals Fellowship provides professional development for teacher leaders to maximize impact in their classrooms and on their teacher teams. In the Fellowship, the teacher leader works closely with other Fellows to develop best practices and an initiative that will advance student achievement in their school. Individual candidates apply with the demonstrated support of their principal. Learn more.
THE FELLOWSHIP IN NEW ORLEANS
- Since 2008, 74 schools across Greater New Orleans have partnered with Leading Educators in Orleans Parish, Jefferson Parish, St. Bernard Parish, and Baton Rouge
- Since 2008, 97 teacher leaders have graduated from the Leading Educators Fellowship
- In the Greater New Orleans area, current Leading Educators Fellows and Alumni lead approximately 1,376 teachers and impact a total of 39,560 students
- 100% of Fellows agree that “Leading Educators expanded access to resources beyond [their] schools”
- 100% of Fellows agree that “the Fellowship provided a community that supported and challenged [them]”
- 100% of Fellows would recommend Leading Educators to their colleagues
Louisiana Teacher Leader Endorsement
Leading Educators is an approved provider of the professional development requirements necessary to obtain the Louisiana Department of Education’s Teacher Leader Certificate Endorsement. Fellows who complete the Leading Educators Fellowship and hold a valid Type B, Level 2, or higher Louisiana teaching certificate can choose to apply for and receive this teaching certificate endorsement through the LDOE. More information, including the application process, can be found on the Teach Louisiana website, www.teachlouisiana.net .
National Louis University
Leading Educators partners with National Louis University to provide our second-year Fellows with an opportunity to complete a graduate degree in Educational Leadership within a one-year period. There is very close alignment between the learning outcomes for the Leading Educators Fellowship and NLU's Educational Leadership program. This additional graduate degree can serve as a valuable credential to teacher leaders.
Ready to Apply?
The Cohort 2016 Fellowship Application Season has ended. Check back this fall to join Cohort 2017!