Expand your leadership skills at the Leading Educators Institute, June 20-24, 2017, the preeminent professional development opportunity for school teams, individual teacher leaders, and educators seeking the skills necessary to lead colleagues and students to success.
At the Leading Educators Institute (LEI), you will:
- Collaborate with highly effective teachers from across the country
- Hear from national experts on content- and standards-based instructional leadership
- Design learning experiences for a range of learners that challenge historical inequities and injustices using Leading Educators' anti-bias framework
- Learn to design job-embedded learning cycles that are aligned to rigorous learning standards
- Develop leadership skills that support your ability to lead colleagues through learning cycles and develop teacher practice
- Learn how to lead each stage of a Cycle of Professional Learning, which serves as a framework to build the skills and capacity of teacher leaders
- Form digital content communities with participants in similar areas to share content and resources following the Institute
Venue & HOTEL INFORMATION
LEI2017 will take place at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans (601 Loyola Ave, New Orleans, LA 70113).
All school teams traveling from Grand Rapids and Baton Rouge will be booked in a double occupancy room at the Hyatt Regency.
Roommates were assigned based on your Induction survey responses.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided daily.
GREATER GRAND RAPIDS
School teams traveling from Grand Rapids will depart on Southwest flight #WN5653. All participants from this region have been booked on the following itinerary. You can review additional travel information HERE. Please contact Brielle Brewick with any questions.
Monday June 19th
DEPART Grand Rapids Int'l Airport (GRR) 10:50 AM
LAYOVER Chicago Midway (MDW) 10:45 - 12:20
ARRIVE Louis Armstrong Int'l Airport (MSY) 2:30 PM
Saturday June 24th
DEPART Louis Armstrong Int'l Airport (MSY) 6:35 PM
LAYOVER Chicago Midway(MDW) 8:50 - 10:15 PM
ARRIVE Grand Rapids Int'l Airport(GRR) 12:05 AM
GREATER NEW ORLEANS
School teams traveling from the Greater New Orleans area are welcome to drive and park at a lot close to the hotel and venue space. Parking is complimentary. Teams are also welcome to take advantage of public transportation.
School teams traveling from Baton Rouge are welcome to drive and park for the week. Hotel rooms will be reserved for all Baton Rouge participants. Please contact Brielle Brewick with any questions.