INDIVIDUAL FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION, DC
Ready to apply? Follow these steps:
Step 1 – Review the eligibility requirements
Step 2 – Ask your School Leader to complete the School Leader Endorsement
Step 3 – Download the essay questions
Step 4 – Using emailed link, submit your application, essay responses, and resume
Step 1 – Review the Eligibility Requirements
- All successful teacher leader candidates must have the following:
- Formal or informal responsibility for impacting the student results of at least two other faculty members at the school
- Outstanding results as a teacher as measured by classroom observations and student achievement
- A minimum of two years of full-time classroom teaching experience
- Commitment to their current school during their two-year program tenure
- Position in a public, open enrollment school where 70% of students receive free or reduced-priced meals or where teacher leaders can have a dramatic impact in efforts to raise achievement
Step 2 – Ask your school leader to complete the School Leader Endorsement
Your School Leader’s support is essential to your success in the Fellowship and your ability to impact student achievement across the school. As such, it is critical that School Leaders complete a brief online endorsement form before you apply. To ensure your School Leader understands and is supportive of your participation in the Fellowship, we recommend you discuss your interest in the program and specifically, how your participation will empower you to support student achievement across the school. This will also help ensure that you and your School Leader are aligned regarding your teacher leadership role within the school.
To discuss the DC Fellowship and how it could work in your school, please reach out to the Regional Associate Director, Quentin Liggins, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3 – Download and respond to the essay questions
Before beginning the application, download and review the essay questions. You must complete your application in one sitting, so it will be helpful to have your essays prepared in advance. You will upload your responses as an attachment during your application. Be sure to have a PDF or Word document of your resume on hand to upload as well.
Step 4 – Using emailed link, submit your application, essay responses, and resume.
The next day after your School Leader completes the endorsement, you will receive an individualized link in your email to complete the application. You must use this link from the email to apply. If you lose or do not receive this link, contact email@example.com.
After you apply, we will coordinate the next steps in the selection process.