Leading Educators has designed research-based programs which will have a significant impact on teacher-leaders, their schools, and their students. This will be achieved through:
- Transformation of skills, understanding, and the capacity of teacher-leaders to lead teams of aligned educators
- Micro outcomes of improvement in school culture, instruction and management practices and measurable improvements in teacher satisfaction
- Macro outcomes of increased student learning and increased retention of talented teachers.
Over the 2011 - 2012 academic year, the Fellowships in New Orleans and Kansas City showed impressive results. To see more, click the Factsheet link to the left.
In both New Orleans and Kansas City, students led by Leading Educators Fellows beagan the school year below the average proficiency of other students in the district. In Kansas City Fellows’ students grew 5x more than their counterparts across the district. In New Orleans Fellows’ students grew 12x more than their counterparts across the district.
(The control groups include all students within the Fellow’s school district who are (a) not taught or lead by teachers on the Fellow’s team and (b) who take the same state assessment - the MAP in Kansas City and the iLEAP/LEAP in New Orleans.)
- In aggregate, Fellows show growth across all four leadership competencies.
- Over half of all Fellows have been promoted since participating in Leading Educators.
- 98% of past and current Fellows continue to serve high-needs populations.
- Erik Kelt, Cohort 2010