INDIVIDUAL FELLOWSHIP PRINCIPAL ENDORSEMENT
The Leading Educators Fellowship is a highly competitive program that develops the capacity of teacher leaders. We have learned over the years that teacher leaders have a much higher chance of success when they have garnered the support of their school leaders to reach their goals. To that end, we ask principals to provide an endorsement of individual candidates for the Fellowship.*
How Do You Endorse?
Once the candidate submits his or her application, an email will automatically be sent to the principal with a link to the Principal Endorsement form. Click on the link to complete the endorsement form.
- Through the Principal Endorsement we hope to learn more about why you believe your teacher leader is a great candidate for the Fellowship. Specifically, we hope to see:
- How the candidate has impacted student achievement and the performance of other adults at your school
- What leadership role that the candidate will play next year
- How the program expectations align with your expectations as a principal
The Principal Endorsement is considered part of the candidate’s application, and therefore it is important that you are honest in your recommendation of the candidate and provide as much information as you can.
* Please note that all candidates for the Leading Educators Fellowship must have responsibility for impacting the student results of at least two other faculty members at the school. For a detailed list of all program expectations, please click on the Candidates link above.
What If You Have More Than One Candidate?
You will receive a unique email and endorsement link for each candidate who applies.
If you would like to nominate candidates, please nominate a teacher leader or teacher leader team by using this convenient form. We will then reach out to your nominee(s) to begin the application process.
We at Leading Educators recognize that you balance many important responsibilities and thank you for your investment and time in endorsing candidates.