Dear Friends and Supporters of Leading Educators,
As many of you know, seven tornadoes touched down in New Orleans last Tuesday, damaging nearly 1,000 structures, injuring 30, and leaving an estimated 4,000 without power.
I am relieved to report that Leading Educators’ team and offices were spared, but times like these serve to remind us that unexpected - and sometime catastrophic - events can happen to us at any time. Now that the storms have cleared, it is time for us to rally around and support each other. We’ve already received many inquiries from those who want to know how they can help. In response, we’ve compiled the list below of good local organizations that might benefit from your support, including one of our partner schools:
- ReNEW Schools is collecting donations for its facilities and students after a tornado damaged its Schaumburg Elementary campus. Schaumburg Elementary is a Leading Educators partner school.
- The Greater New Orleans Foundation is collecting donations online for the Helping Our Neighbors: Tornado Relief Fund.
- The Louisiana SPCA Donations can be made via the LA-SPCA's Amazon wishlist and on their website. The SPCA is caring for newly stray animals and supporting owners to find lost pets.
- SBP has opened a Louisiana Tornado Recovery Fund, collecting donations online to help rebuild affected homes.
- The United Way of Southeast Louisiana is collecting donations online for its tornado relief fund.
On behalf of Leading Educators and our NOLA-based team, thank you for the kind notes and concern over the past few days. We are fortunate to have been unaffected, and we appreciate being part of such a caring team and community.
Associate Director of Program Delivery
Leading Educators, New Orleans